View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 12:35 AM   #1151 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Lug;649881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateralG'z View Post
what are all the people who dont live in CA going to do who cant just drive on down to stillen. It should just be an install ecu reflash and the advertised horsepower + or - 5% for some condition variations. not get it and have problems and wait two extra weeks.
I can understand there frustrations and totally side with them.

But a lot of assumptions are being made. His car is not a standard set up and he's assuming Stillen and not his shop is to blame for his low numbers. If taking it to Stillen fixes it like in weiboy718's case, I'd have to assume that something was installed or setup incorrectly in the first place. If a special tune is need because he has other mods, he can't expect the kit to magically account for that. I guess I'm saying there is a lot of Stillen bashing going on w/o enough evidence that Stillen is even the problem here. I'm also not saying they aren't, just not enough facts to start pointing fingers to date.
I wouldnt call it a special tune just to account for a couple extra mods. Tunes account for different mods all the time. There should be a tune for most common mods, like CAI, CBE etc.