View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355890 View Post
Any aftermarket engine hood builders out there, that someone might know about, that might have examples of Ram front air ducks or heat extraction examples for aftermarket engine hood covers for the 370?
Heat extraction might be interesting, but "ram air" doesn't make much sense. Both the stock and the Stillen Gen 3 intakes suck air from down in front of the radiator, well away from the hood. I guess you could fab up something to do cold air via the hood, but it doesn't sound worth it performance-wise. Stillen's Gen 3 gets nearly ambient temperature intake air moving at any reasonable street speed without any body mods.

Mine's apparently makes a set of front scoops that go in the top of the bumper as a opposed to the hood, but again, I don't see much point other than fashion.