View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
My car used about 3/4 qt. of Nissan Ester Oil in the approx. 3750 miles that I ran it between dumping the factory fill and changing to Redline. I hope the oil consumption drops. I've checked it carefully for leaks and that's not the problem. I'm starting to resign myself to the fact the some VQ engines just burn oil. I had an '04 G35 and put about 70K miles on it from new. I used Castrol GTX or Pennzoil Yellow Bottle exclusively and changed the oil every 3000-3200 miles. I used to add a half quart at about 1500 miles from last change, and it was down almost the same amount again when time to change. Burning a $2 quart of dino every 3K miles is one thing, a $10 quart of Redline every 5K miles is another.
3/4 quart in 3750 miles isn't bad at all. Actually about normal for break-in, judging from my own VHR.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote