View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #313 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I think my car has been getting better as it gets up in miles. I have no empirical data to prove this, but as I clock more miles on the car, it's getting harder for me to get the temps up as high as I did before. With the exception of the rainstorm the past couple of days, the temps around here have been getting hotter as well. I've also made some slight mods that could possible reduce engine heat a little, but nowhere near enough to make really noticeable difference.

It could be that some (but definitely not all) of the engine temp issue is related to waiting for the engine to break in fully. I'm around 3630 miles now, and I'm seeing lower peak oil temps lately than I did around 1K-ish.