Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #55 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Yeah I saw that, I just have to get to I-10 and I am in the clear, still took me an hour (normally 20 minutes). So many roads are flooded or they are just shutting them down anyways. Glad to hear the Z was fine through this weather, calms my nerves. How was driving though in the Z, any spinning of the tires or anything?
I've found my Z to be a fantastic machine in wet conditions, actually (not just today, but also during earlier, lighter rains). I generally leave VDC on in wet conditions, I think it's a real plus (especially if you have to hit a deep puddle with one side of the car somewhat unexpectedly at a little more speed than you planned ), so keep that in mind.

As far as low-speed driving and cornering go, I'm really quite impressed with the RE050's from the sport package. I expected I'd be ice-skating on them in wet conditions, but they hold up admirably. I drop my speed a little bit to match conditions, but overall I'm still tearing it up on the wet pavement pretty well.

What's really impressive is the highway performance though. I suspect that may be more due to our aerodynamics, downforce, and those little mini-spoilers in front of the front tires (in the sport setup) than the tires themselves. In conditions yesterday where other people were running their wipers full blast and driving 60 in a 70 with white knuckles from gripping the wheel in fear, I was running 90-110-ish in the open stretches with no stability problems (and no wipers thanks to Rain-X. The faster you go, the better it works ).

Last edited by wstar; 04-28-2009 at 12:55 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote