View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
I took it to the dealer this morning but the technician was unable to reproduce the problem, which isn't altogether surprising. He's going to talk to Nissan engineering to get their opinion but somehow I think I'm going to end up on my own.

I'm going to bleed the brakes with the car running and see where that gets me. I'm going with the ATE Blue fluid for now.
Without a computer hooked up that can talk to the ABS controller, you won't be able to properly bleed an air bubble out of the ABS. There are tools available that can do it for most cars, it's kinda like hooking up an OBD-II code reader (same socket), but the tool talks via CAN to the ABS computer and can instruct the ABS to purge itself, etc. This tool: ActronŽ does it for ~1996-2005 domestics, but probably doesn't cover our car. Or you can just have the dealer do it.