View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 01:33 AM   #47 (permalink)
htt760
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Base 370z
htt760 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PL8MYRIDE.COM View Post
HTT760, Thanks for all the info. Do you know if this exhaust can be purchased now? I've seen a few websites but they all seems to have them in stock in August.

BTW. Did you have any air intakes when you made that video. I think from a previous post you seem to had the Status Elite intakes. The SE intakes is meant to sound awesome, (not sure about the performance gains though) but just wondering is it worth having as the exhaust sound may drown the intake growl.

Thanks for all you responses to my questions, you've convinced me on the Tanabe CBE..
Pl8,

In the video is the TCBE Only with no y pipe, Install was straight forward, and used the OEM rubber gourmets ( USE GLASS CLEANER TO LOOSEN THEM UP ). I got photos here to see. As for the SE Intakes, I feel they are a mid range intake with top end pull. (huge velocity stacks welded in) Making a nice heat sheild for them. I got the prototypes so no heat shield currently. As for the intake growl and exhaust, you'll hear the intakes in the front, then flyby and youll hear the exhaust. (Intakes make a whistle suction, while exhaust is just perfect to hear both)

Quote:
Originally Posted by '10Anamoly View Post
Question: the stock exhaust inlet after the Y-pipe only appears to be 2.3" or so max, but the Tanabe y-pipe is around 2.75" at the same junction. Wouldn't this hurt flow a bit? I thought I had heard a few times before that they need to be pretty close in size, or is the stock inlet to the mid-pipe bigger than it seems?
Anamoly,
I'm not sure on this, but from past experiences, big ypipe with big exhaust = torque loss but decent hp gain up top, but large y pipe with a nice muffled/packed exhaust = Exhaust makes hp while the y pipe makes torque best of both worlds :-)

If you have measured the stock vs reading on tanabes website for their y pipe then you could be right.