View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
'10Anamoly
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z BS M6
'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Layering Meguiars waxes, results inside

So, after reading a bit about the composition of two of Meguiars waxes, NXT 2.0 and the new Gold Class Plus Carnauba Wax, I figured I would do an experiment.

The NXT 2.0, per Meguiars, is 100% synthetic polymers and is their best protecting and longest lasting wax. I started by applying the liquid wax by hand to the car and removing with an orbital buffer with microfiber. From what I have seen and been told, the NXT 2.0 is a wax but also functions very well as a sealant. I figured this would protect the paint well as a base coat.

To add some complexity to the shine and maybe an interesting tinge, I went to the Gold Plus Carnauba wax on top of the applied NXT 2.0. I did wait about an hour for the NXT 2.0 to finish on the car (after removing the dust/haze) before beginning. I went over the whole car and put a second layer of the Carnauba and let it dry. The orbital buffer took the haze off again and all was done.

Impressions:

The NXT 2.0 by itself added a strong reflective characteristic to the paint. The color depth and tone was not changed at all from what I could see. Obviously the car was much smoother now than with the old wax layering from a month of two ago.

After adding the Carnauba Wax on top, the color seems to pop a lot more. The surface is ultra-smooth and I can pick up on the faint hint of blue when the light hits the silver paint just right. The waxes seem to compound very well with each other and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Pics will be up today! (Yes I know this thread is partially worthless without pics)

(PS) - Double coating the whole car with the appropriate drying intervals for each coat takes a while, get your game hat on and bring some water.

374rwhp, 360rwtq SAE / GT500 Axle-Backs / Brembo Pack / Track Pack / Recaros / 6spd
'10Anamoly is offline   Reply With Quote