View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

ummmm... I am very white I guess. British parents and they immigrated to Canada one year before I was born in Canada.

BUT! I have some very very nice friends who are Filipino and they are great! Served overseas with one (we called him the Mexican cuz he loves spicy foods!) and I would walk thru a minefield for him.(Lol, I think I did once!)

Met another wonderful lady on a cruise ship (stop stereotyping here) who worked in the lounge. She was a fantastic lady, wife, mother, waitress etc and was also a great friend to my wife and I during our cruise.

My co-worker has a Filipino girlfriend who is an amazing cook. Met her last week and I think she is great! She is new to Canada and we are glad to have her here!

One of the things I love about Canada is that very few people (native Canadians excepted) can claim to BE from here. Everyone comes from somewhere else.

A Chinese friend at work looks very oriental, speaks Mandarin and has a rich cultural identity. Yet his family has been in Canada for almost 200 years!

My next door neighbours are Polish and the others are from El Salvador. My step-dad is Ukrainian and my crazy son thinks he is German! (he speaks fluent German now and pretends he is Austrian actually... weird)

I toured Afghanistan with the French Canadian "VanDoos" and did a lot of my work in French (I am bilingual). I also worked side by side with the Americans in Panjwaii District (Crazy Americans! We called them "Cowboy" for a call sign cuz they were VERY reckless!)

Bottom Line: Celebrate your heritage, no matter where you live. It is who you are, not your address that defines you. nuff said.

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote