View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreakazoid View Post
I need your advices. I know my car isn't as nice as any of yours but currently I drive a saturn 98 with 140k + miles on it. I noticed for a while now that sometimes when my car is idling the rpm are at almost at 2k. I talked with some people but they can't seem to give me an answer. And just recently my service car light just came on. Hopefully it's nothing to serious.
You need to find a friend in your area that knows something about cars

High idle followed by SES light, it's probably some emissions sensors going bad (say, bad O2s), or other emissions-related problems (EGR tube leaking?), etc.

Could be anything really, though. Step one is hook up to the car's computer and read what that SES light means. Step two is to fix whatever the SES light indicates. Step 3 is probably to get caught up on preventative maintenance if you're keeping the car, there's probably lots of little things wrong (spark plugs? PCV? air filter? the list goes on and on).