View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

ALWAYS TEST FIT FIRST!!!!ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!!!!

It won't take long on the 370Z. It's actually pretty easy to do the test fitment on rockers, the standard rockers come off pretty easily and the test fit is really just putting the rocker on and holding it in place to make sure there are no urethane build ups in an area that might prevent a perfect fit. Plus, you might find that an edge needs to be sanded down a little bit to fit perfectly or something like that. It's worth it to do the test fitment first.

The good thing about urethane is that it's very easy to work with. I put some fiberglass fenders on my Titan and I literally spent about 16 hours trying to make them fit half way decently, then my paint shop spent another 4. Urethane is MUCH easier than that! When I put on my roll pan all I had to do was hold it into place, drill a couple mounting holes, then I spent an extra 45 minutes or so because I wanted to retain the factory back up sonars so I removed them from the rear bumper and flush mounted them into the roll pan.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote