View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #169 (permalink)
mrcardio
Base Member

Drives: 08 MS3
mrcardio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC Racing View Post
Just to be clear, you haven't driven a GT-R have you?
And you ask this why? Because you're a GTR owner who doesn't agree? And yes to be clear I have driven a GTR and several Porsche's amongst a few other higher end sport cars. You're talking like you would have to be a "high roller" or something to drive a GTR. We aren't talking about Bagatti Veyron; you don't have to be rich to own an 80k automobile. That said, I stick by what I said previously which is that the GTR isn't much of a "driver's car". It's not all that fun to drive and it does in fact lack driver involvement.

Yeah the GTR puts down great numbers but this is in no small part due to amount of computer / electronic intervention, it automatically corrects driver error like no other. If you suck at driving, aren’t all that concerned with the car and driver experience and want a car that will deliver super car performance at a fraction of the cost the GTR is a great choice. But if you truly love driving even a 60k Porsche Cayman S delivers a better experience. Of course this is my personal opinion but I would bet large sums of money that I’m not alone in this assessment.