Thread: Trunk organizer
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice
Default Nissan 370Z Trunk Organizer Review

Well the Nissan 370Z trunk organizer came today.

They really put some though into the organizer. Once you expand it from the folded up storage mode, it has two nice solid plastic panels that fold down to give it a solid base which is a nice touch. You can then put in the two other dividers to divide the organizer into 4 compartments. The center divider is fixed and not removable which does not lend itself to storing objects larger than 9 inches by 11 inches. The adjustable straps do allow you some flexibility for placing larger objects outside of the organizer, and they are still secured by the straps from sliding the length of the trunk.

Here is what it looks like unfolded.

A bit smaller than it looked like on the web page.

Initially divides into 4 compartments.

You can easily pull out two of the dividers which velcro into the organizer on the left and right of the non removable center section. The velcro inserts are well done with the velcro being attached on the ends of the divider in the middle of the velcro strip. When you attach it to the inside of the organizer you can then smooth out the velcro on either side of the edge of the divider and make a very solid connection to the velcro inside the organizer. This ensures that the divider is solidly anchored.

Here it is in the trunk of my Roadster

The organizer then connects to the 4 tie down locations in the trunk and can be cinched into a bunch of different positions in the trunk so you have room to put larger objects

As you can see my 17 inch laptop bag fits nicely behind the organizer and the trunk closes with no contact on the laptop bag.

It is a very well put together bit of kit I would not be afraid to recommend it to others.

I give this product 4 Zs out of 5. I would have given it 5 Zs out of 5 but the center divider is not removable thus unduly limiting the size of things you can put inside the organizer.

I am not sure that this would be the best product for the coupe as the rear storage area is much bigger and would probably be better served by the full length mesh option.

If anyone would like some close up pictures let me know before Thursday unless you want to wait a while.
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote