View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Pending that they aren't an absolute crap brand, I'd say go for it. Who cares if they're not high end wheels? If they look good on the car, and you like them, that's all that matters.

I'm kind of tired of hearing the anti-cheap-parts BS from people. Wheels are largely a visual upgrade for most; who cares whether they're forged unless they're used for racing? It's the same in the Evo world against Rota wheels, which are actually of a pretty high quality as of recently.

The base Z comes with cheap cast Enkei wheels - surely manufactured at the lowest bid. I honestly like them and they're quality wheels, but any other cast aluminum wheel really isn't that much worse. In fact, some may be better. OEM wheels are not known for impeccable quality, after all.

Remember, this is a $30-40k sports car, not a Ferrari. All kinds of "lesser" cars fall into this price range. Cars you wouldn't think twice about putting "cheap" wheels on.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote