View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
1. Apprently I didnt have gaskets for the Berk test pipes section to where they mate to the header, is this something I can pick up or even make my own using a gasket kit? I am getting such horrible rasp its crazy. I know the stock downpipe has a ring style attachment in the center so it does not use a gasket but is this triangle style gasket very unique or can I purchase this somewhere today!
Test pipes will rasp a lot, this is normal, learn to love it

Quote:
2. I did the hose clamp trick to those rubber bushings to clear the brace but then I noticed the right side of the exhaust tip seems to be lower than the left (I am a freak about the little things and I expect perfection on an exhaust system like this) and in adjusting that part, the center section is now hitting the brace again and I really cannot adjust this anymore.
Mine is a little off kilter just like yours. Do this: go to any exhaust shop in your area. Have them heat up the center of the >< section (right around the welds that are towards the front of the car) and while that is going on, take a floor jack and push the area directly over the cross member upwards. Once you have enough clearance, let it cool and take out the jack. Done. 5 minute job.

Quote:
Now, is Stillen planning on at least replacing that middle section for those of us who have these issues? Because I really dont get it, there is 2-3 inchs of clearence above the exhaust that I cannot understand why they bent the piping right before the X to bring it lower. There is just so much room above the exhaust.
I can't speak for stillen, but honestly man, it takes 5 minutes to fix. Think about how long its gonna take you to get a new one and install it.

Quote:
Anyway - I know I'm in a bad mood today. But I need to get these issues resolved. There is so much rasping, claking, and vibrating under the car that it makes me not want to drive the car.
Everytime something like this happens to me, I hate driving the car so much haha.

Quote:
P.S. I took it to a VERY VERY well known audi/vw shop that do all their work on my friends RS4 and this car is cake compared to the audi's so we did all the right things.
RS4's are meh.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote