View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
ctzn
inquisitive

Drives: G35
ctzn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBitten View Post
You hating on people about getting big rims and audio for there STREET car makes about as much sense as you buying DAILY DRIVER sportscar, striping everything out turning it into an uncomfortable, unstreetable racecar and then have to go spend more money and buy a DAILY DRIVER.

I respect your opinion on rims size but the rest of your post is plain silly as a retort to dub audiophiles. You need to pass the 370z and buy a Lotus Elise or Exige. Lotus left nothing for you to rip out, it comes with a great suspension and tires and much better power to weight. Or you can do what you want with your 370z and let other people do what they want with theirs
It's not hating it's common sense.

This will be my weekend car, so I will be making it a better version of what it already is, and was meant for. I don't fit into a lotus so strike that option, and I happen to enjoy the Z (at least past generations, as I have to drive the Z34). Everything I mentioned doing to my personal car is based off of what I will be using it for, again which is the intended purpose of the car.

I have no problems with other people doing ridiculous things to their cars, if they want it for show so they can look cool and cruise around in then that is their business. This is an enthusiast community (at least I thought it was), so when someone posts something asking for input, I am going to give it. If you don't like it, tough **** man, didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Take a look at Nissan's design goals for this car, and you will understand why I have a hard time understanding why people would choose it to fulfill their audio/bling/show-off goals. Seems there are other far better options out there for that kind of thing. But if you want to do it, by all means it's your money, do what makes you happy.

When you express those goals in an enthusiast community I am not going to sugar coat my feelings on the matter.
ctzn is offline   Reply With Quote