Thread: Graduation Z
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #52 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonty View Post
He's talking about drivers ed on steriods dude. From what I understand its pretty badass, I'd like to take it.
You're pretty much doing aspects of Autocross/HPDE to learn more about your vehicles handling, emergency maneuvers, traffic awareness, "looking ahead" - all sorts of techniques they wont train in "drivers ed". Just stopping for stop signs and looking for cross-traffic arent what I'm talking about lol.

Here, copied and pasted from Skip Barber's classes:

Quote:
New Driver Program

Driver’s Ed teaches you the rules of the road, but it can only go so far. Get your life on the road off on the right foot by learning the driving techniques critical to true defensive driving, including:

* emergency braking and emergency lane changes
* car control skills practiced on the autocross and skid pad
* standard transmission operation
* enhanced street awareness & road etiquette
* parallel parking and reversing
Quote:
One Day Driving School

Our professional driving instructors will teach you the foundations of safe, fun motoring, including:

* understanding vehicle dynamics & behavior
* slides & recoveries
* threshold ("panic") braking
* lane-toss exercises & accident avoidance
* applying your new-found skills in the Mazda RX-8, MX-5 & MAZDA3s
* Mazda driving school graduates are immediately eligible to enroll in the Advanced Car Control program, a Skip Barber Racing School advanced activity.
Quote:
Two Day Driving School

Pick up where the One Day Driving School leaves off; more practice time, more and different skills -- including "racing" skills that make you a better, safer "street" driver:

* heel-and-toe downshifting
* emergency lane changes
* additional street awareness training
* etiquette & road manners

Two Day Driving School graduates are immediately eligible to enroll in the Advanced Car Control program (see below).
'nuff said.