View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
I do! As long as they didn't use a gun in a crime! Or beat someone to death, or knifed someone! People like Wesley Snipes, Martha Stewart, they served time. According to law, they can not own, nor posses a firearm. I do not think that is right. They were imprisoned for tax evasion, and miss handling stocks, not robing a bank with a gun! Do you see where I'm going with this?
I do not believe in dis-arming a man/woman! Give a person a chance to protect and defend them selves and their loved ones!
Well, the current federal law only draws the distinction at the felony line. Felony record = no guns. They don't care what type of crime it was. However, individual felons can petition to regain their gun rights, and sometimes do. It would be nice if the law were more specific (violent felonies).