View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
Nismo_370z
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370Z BS M6
Nismo_370z is on a distinguished road

I just going off the theory, NOTE: im just a beginner and just learning as I go, But the whole purpose of having A CAI, HFC, CBE is to increase fuel consumption and efficiency of the combustion engine. But the goal is to tune the car with the best combination of the three, to have the fastest acceleration...

SO you could do a rundown of each individual intake/exhaust mod. But what they should do is give a rundown of each possible combination...and find out which creates the best efficiency. I'm visualizing an internal combustion engine as a chemical reactor. The rate of reaction depends on the rate of Oxygen/fuel ----> Products, CO2, CO, POWER...ect.

So the current dual air intakes may be sufficient to supplying air to the engine, but a dyno CANNOT correctly simulate the airflow into your intake at say 80 mph on the highway. So how can you say that the HFC has better results when there are more variable to be evaluated under the correct conditions.

Sorry to beat this into the bush but this really interests me.....and should make a good discussion...
Nismo_370z is offline   Reply With Quote