View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCarGo View Post
370Z (AT)- Frequently hit 90+, so smooth at 100 you don't realize you're going fast until you approach other cars. Usually cruise at 75-80 and it's very quick to 90. I have my GPS set to alarm if I hit 90 and it's constantly reminding me. To date - 125 top speed. During hard acceleration it first shifted to 7th gear at 120. Very stable at 125 and felt like maybe 80-90 in my other cars..the neighbors got after me for speeding through the community...just kidding.

-ZCarGo-
Yes, the 370 really is a dream to drive in the low 100s. It's extremely stable aerodynamically at speed, and the steering response is great. No problem dropping down from 7 to 5 (or even 4 if under 120) and getting great acceleration in that range too. Again, I just wish there was an 8 (or that 7 was taller) to keep the revs lower when cruising at speed.

Edit: ... on the high-speed closed track course I use regularly