View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
Doing the rears, the axle has a good bit of friction and doesn't want to spin easily. I guess you could also put the car in gear.
As for the fronts, as you tightened each stud down, fit the box end of a large wrench over one of the existing studs and lever it between another stud to apply force opposite the direction that you're tightening the replacement stud.
Using spacers, washers and an open end lug nut, I found it didn't take a whole lot of torque to pull the stud into place with a 1/2" drive ratchet.
Sounds good. I know I had to hit the studs a good bit with my impact gun to seat them all the way, so I wasn't sure how difficult it'd be to do them by hand.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote