View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan1016 View Post
Why?

If someones parents make 600k a year why is it wrong for their child to receive a 40k sports car?

Its ignorant people like you that piss me off.

My parents bought me my 370z fully loaded. My dad is a VP at Exxon and travels to dozens of countries 90 percent of the time, he was hardly ever home when I was a teenager and I since my family lives in a different country now I see him maybe once a year if i'm lucky and i'm 19.

So you see everyone makes sacrifices a lot of my friends got to see their families every day growing up but didn't get a nice car in return and a lot had both.

If your parents made a ridiculous sum of money would it be wrong to share it with their immediate family?? My parents pay for everything and support me through school and I love them for it. They want me to come out with 0 debt and be able to live the best life I can possibly live. So before you go make assumptions on "daddy bought me this" remember who really cares
It's spoiled kids like you who piss those of us off who can actually afford $40k sports cars at 19.

Why? Because you absolutely DO NOT have the same appreciation for that car that you would if you were paying for it off your own hard-earned money. You don't have to worry about coordinating maintenance or repairs, you don't have to worry about insuring it.

Unless my future kids are just like I am when it comes to cars, they aren't getting anything better than a beater car when they're under my roof. I will pour my entire soul into teaching them how to be successful, but a $40k car as a handout is just ridiculous.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)

Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 07-06-2010 at 12:59 PM.