View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 12:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Josh@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Josh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post

I def cheaped out . I should have listened to you

How long does it take the ECU to adjust itself?
I was enamored by the cutting tool in the youtube link I had sent you on the G35 Gen 3 install where the guy went crazy with the hole size, but did it in about 3.5 seconds.. LOL

I'm no expert, I've never cut the core support to accommodate the pipes.. I've got an '04 G35.. my experience is just with that install, but I've seen some good results with some of the hand tools that are out there.. who knew it was partially due to the accessories they are driving, not just the unit itself.

ECU is quick, but we advise those doing the back to back dynos that we typically see full results within 7-8 dyno runs, when most places like to run 3 for consistancy. So as long as you've gotten a chance to let it run through the RPM band in a couple of gears for a good amount of runs, the ECU will be right there.

Love the sound of those intakes once it seems to hit it's sweet spot around 5,500 RPM and above.. sounds angry.. and even more so on the dyno when you're standing in a spot outside the car you wouldn't normally have access too..
Josh@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote