View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboyz View Post
Like I said, it’s only plans.
Now I don't know exactly how much these toys will cost, I'm checking and researching as we speak.
Also brembo have many versions with different prices and used kits are everywhere so hopefully I'll be able to get them.
The wheels are what I like; maybe I can't even fit them on....
Not going to remove the bose but more likely to add on the new system!
I'm researching....
I hope this stlye isn't that bad!!haha
Yes, the thing is Konigs are crap and those brembos you chose are very high end, very expensive racing units. Really, add more speakers to a bose system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z350boy View Post
Before you blow some serious cash on brakes check out the stock brakes on the 370Z. They actually look like they will do a good job.

On the wheels.....come on now....Don't do that to a Z!! Not even dealing with aesthetics.....performance wise those wheels look like they weigh a ton!!

Can't blame you for wanting to change the stock radio..."BLOSE" really sucks!!!

Just my 2c
Blose? Bose makes excellent high quality speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
Yeah! I saw that!! Very cool. About your comment on the Brembos, I also like them IF they really do reduce the upsprung weight by 12 pounds. That is a nice loss!
Yes, they do reduce the weight quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodname007 View Post
well, the cost of the Brembos can give you an intake (around 500 for a good one), an exhaust (ranges from 800-2000) depends on what you want and you'll still have cash left over to buy nice rims with rubber !!!!!
$500 intake? lol gold plated?

Quote:
^no idea...lol...maybe because there's many aftermarket intakes already available for the G37 which could be slightly altered to fit the Z

The Z is MAF based for the intakes. Using an altered version of something thats probably already not good for the car is probably not the best idea for airflow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaesung83 View Post
my set up when i get the new z34

1. Greddy twin turbo kit
2. New wheels 19" with fat *** lip
3. Endless brake kit 6 piston in front n' 4 piston in rear with braided brake lines
4. 5% tints all around
5. Twin plate clutch by Clutch Master
6. Greddy evo II exhaust

so far that it, cant think of nething else off my head
what u guys think of that set up?? good??
Lol off the top of my head I can think of like 30 things you are missing. Here's a list that ttz recommends to buy along with the greddy TT for the Z.

* Greddy TT Kit with FMIC ($5995)
* Profec E01 Boost Controller ($505)
* 1 Step Colder Copper Spark Plugs ($40)
* WB Sensor ($500)
* (2) E01 External Hanesses ($40)
* E-Manage Pressure Sensor Harness ($30)
* Crawford Cats ($450)
* Crawford Plenum ($395)
* Crawford Strut Bar ($175)
* Walbro 255 ($120)
* Aeromotive 1:1 FPR ($129)
* Fuel Return Lines ($20)
* Borla True Dual Exhaust ($675)
* Turbonetics Waste Gate Gaskets ($20)
* JWT Clutch ($400)
* JWT Flywheel ($400)
* JWT Oil Pan Spacer ($100)
* E-Manage Timing Harness and rectifier diodes ($50)
* Greddy Type S BOV ($60)

Total Hardware: $10104
Total Labor: $3000
Grand Total: $13104

Thats how much it would cost you to do things right. That doesn't even include internals which would be another $6,000 at least with a block and heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
My personal opinion after “modding” few cars in the past is that it never really "improves" the car in any way. In your case, the 370z already is equipped w/ 14.0-in vented disc; 13.8-in vented disc, ABS; and 19" forged aluminum wheels.
Instead, it'll affect the geometry of the car negatively. Therefore what most of us end up doing is essentially downgrading our cars, especially when it comes to 370z.
Nissan has put millions of dollars & many yrs of RD into the 370z, just like the 350z and therefore it does not need any "modification" from us.
Enjoy the car as it was meant to be enjoyed by genius engineers at Nissan and you will not regret it.

http://www.nissannews.com/assets/att...pecs_Final.pdf
http://www.nissannews.com/assets/att..._AAG_Final.pdf
http://www.nissannews.com/assets/att...view_Final.pdf

my .02 cents
I partially agree that many people manage to completely ruin cars. However, mods can be good for the car's performance as well. While you are right that Nissan spent millions on R&D you also have to think about the fact that Nissan had to target a whole bunch of different audiences and that they had to meet all sorts of regulations. That means that their design has to be in some ways limited and not as good as it can be. Therefore mods can make the car better for each individual, depending on what they want.

Quote:
^^
larger diameter = slightly, really slightly better mileage......hahahaha
Except its the opposite. More rotational mass means more energy required to spin the wheels means more fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Hopefully brembo will offer a front and rear setup for their BBK this time around.

If I get a 370Z, I'd mod it just like any other car. Suspension, exhaust and wheels then some type of mild aero kit. For suspension, I'd look at KWs or Bilsteins first, then the JDM offerings.
There you go, thanks for adding some sense to this thread.

People think they should add power first and then do everything else later. Thats a huge mistake...
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote