View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:22 AM   #190 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
I agree... I'm going to have my mech look at adjusting my clutch pedal dead zone and engagement points this week!

To test my theory, I'd really like know if the automatic transmission cars are overheating... going forward, please call out which transmission you all have... THANKS!
I haven't run my car as hard as you guys yet, so I can't really compare with you on overheating. I will say that in some respects the 7AT is also susceptible to driver error leading to hitting the rev limiter in the lower gears though. There's a very (very) tiny window for clicking that paddle at just the right time to run the gear out without bumping the limiter, and you have to account for the lag between hitting the paddle and the actual shift occurring.