View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 AM   #87 (permalink)
Endgame
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nothing Now!
Endgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that the Gen Coupe is not targeting the 'true' sport car market, but rather going after the Stangs in an attempt to enter the muscle car war. It will be hard for it to do so, and for many to view it as a muscle car only becuase muscle cars are typically what? American....

But, that most definately seems to be the route the are going. The V8 will increase weight of the car (engine and chasis strenthing to handle the power) to somewhere close to the Stang; so it will become just that... a true muscle car by definition.

That's cool, I think the Stang is top notch and would love to see Ford rattled again by the Gen Coupe. Because it is an import, however, people will ALWAYS class is a Z competition, but in the end, it will really be more comparable to the Muscle cars with a V8. Meanwhile, the Z continues to be compared to the Z4's, Caymans, Boxsters, etc of the world.

And, the ONLY Gen Coupe I have seen and thought looked good, was a white one, lowered on gun metal CE28's I saw rolling around Phoenix a couple months back. It was hot.