View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:08 AM   #77 (permalink)
matt@qc
Base Member

Drives: Genesis Coupe
matt@qc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
You're still missing the point. The Genesis Coupe aftermarket is still dismal compared to any other sport Japanese import. You start out with an inferior 2.0T L4 or 3.8 V6, and then have no real aftermarket options after that. ECU flashes? WOW. Reminds me of the kind of aftermarket support I had on my first tuner. Pathetic.

You're arguing the wrong points here. The Genesis Coupe engine platforms and aftermarket are pathetic compared to what's already available for VQ VHR platform.
How is that?

It tooks 3 years for Fast Intentions to finally release long tube headers for the Z. CP-E's LTH will be released this month for the GC. We're looking at over 20whp gains compared to the stubby design on the OE headers, and they'll eliminate the primary cats as well.

ECU reflashes are awfully important on the Genesis 3.8 considering it was originally tuned to run on 87 octane, thus suffering from extremely rich conditions throughout the RPM range. The 3.8 with I/H/E and a tune will put down over 310whp with a underrevving engine (7200 RPM with a flash). The OE cams being the culprit in disallowing any higher revs. It took a few years to polished ECU tuning on the Z, initially you guys were barely gaining anything. I know because I've been in the market for sports car for quite a while, and as a car enthusiast I lurked these boards and kept myself updated.

We already have a few supercharger and turbo packages available from Korea. We already have cams available as well, engine internals, etc.

P.S.: The first production year of the Genesis is a MY2010.

I fail to see your point, we have amazing aftermarket support.

Last edited by matt@qc; 06-25-2010 at 01:12 AM.