View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #85 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Down to the 'glass, sorry. BTDT with GM, and I'm not doing it again, or pulling any punches. The 'vettes have issues (LS3 when driven hard, and LS7 when driven at all).

Yes, electrical issues are big on GM. My WS6 had its fair share. TC would randomly turn off (fixed by replacing TPS), fuel would randomly shut off (fixed by replacing ground mounting screw under driver-seat, was stripped from the factor, IAC would hang (fixed by replacing IAC), Driver power seat would randomly stop working (never fixed), the speakers sucked (got tired of replacing them, and no, I was sensible with the 7-way and volume), the fog-lamp housings were cracked b/c they were not designed to hold up to the heat of the running lights (I replaced turn-signals every time it rained), the rear-end blew up backing out of the shop one time (at idle, pinion-bearing spun), the A/C crapped out after 10K miles of horrible racket, the water-pump went at 75K miles (Dexcool gets another...), The window motors on both sides of the car went out.

I am sure I forgot something, but there was GM's top of the line "pony" car for 2001 for you. I lived next to a guy who had a 2000 and it randomly died at stop-lights, had all sorts of issues. Both of our cars were OEM stock. NO mods, right down to the paper air-filter.

Also, the 350Z is not the 370Z, from what I understand.

Now the good about my WS6....

It killed NSX's, it killed Challenger R/T's, it was dead = to a C5 on the highway, it killed mustang GT's (not the new 412bhp ones), it was within 1 yard of being dead-even with the new 426bhp Camaro SS 6-speeds (based on 2 Camaro SS's that on numerous runs I was dead-even with except for the 1 yard or so they got on the hit. Up to any speed you want to discuss.). It got 27.5 OBXSERVED mpg one time on a road-trip at 80, AC and sterio on.

Don't know. We had a 01 Trans Am that had 112k on it. Aside from the window motors having been replaced once and showing signs again of needing to be done right before we got rid of it; the car was perfect. Ran strong as hell and never had any problems. Owned the car for 9 years.

Also had an 06 Vette that we owned for 3 years. Had 22k on it but never any problems. No gaps in body panels or pain issues. Actually the paint seemed better than my 370z.

I too had a stigma about domestics but these two cars really proved me wrong. Maybe we just got lucky or maybe not.
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote