Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #85 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Hmm, that really doesn't sound good at all. Almost sounds like a fuel cut, but the question would be what is the cause of the cut? Could be VVEL, starvation or something else. I'm discounting VDC because you said it has happened with it switched off.
The thing is, it even happens below full throttle as well. Case in point this morning... making a right turn from a stop sign onto a slow road, I eased out of the clutch and gave it probably 25% throttle at ~1500 rpm to briskly accelerate and again... nothing... then a surge of power after a few seconds of absolutely nothing.

I don't know if it's just me being over sensitive to the serious lack of torque in the 370Z, or if something may actually be wrong. I need to get the car on a dyno and probably see if I can drive another Z to compare the dynamics... Not quite sure what the hell is going on.

Above 4k RPM, though, the car feels like a champ.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote