Thread: 8000k+ redline
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by K20A2_S View Post
What do you guys think the stock block can handle safely? After uprev osiris and other ECU upgrades come out, what redline will they set their flashes to for simple NA upgradess?

I guess only time will tell, but how did the previous VQ handle high revs?

My superchared RSX(11 psi) has a 8200 redline, but we tuned it and ran it with a 8800 redline all day long...........and 40k boosted miles later it still has perfect compression and leakdown.....

I just love high revs and would love to be pulling 8k+ revs all day long once I get my 370
I have no idea about these engines in particular, but usually the conventional wisdom is that you raise the redline when you upgrade the internal engine components to handle it (stronger components, closer tolerances on lengths and weight balancing, etc). I'd be a little worried about raising it on a stock engine with no internal changes - but this is based solely on experience with american V8's.

Last edited by wstar; 04-18-2009 at 03:05 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote