View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 03:53 AM   #91 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work RCZ. If I end up doing an oil cooler, I may copy your design power steering move. Got any details on what tubing and such to use for the power steering extension? I was going to wait and see if I get any heat problems driving in the summer before pulling the trigger on this, but maybe it's just a good idea regardless, to achieve an oil temp that's just lower and more stable.

One question that maybe you can answer tomorrow: on a cold (like, overnight cold) start, is there any longer lag time until you hear the top of the engine get oiled? Just one of those nitpicky things running through the back of my head, since the oil pump now has to push through the cooler too (in addition to the filter and on up) to get the cylinder heads lubed.