View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #45 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
the new camero is suppose to be super fast...and I mean hella hella quick. But that's if Chevy still decides to go forward with releasing it to production due to their bailout.

I personally love both cars, but they're two different types of car. A 370z is more like a sports car and the Camero is a remake of the beautiful classic muscle car. If gas isn't a concern, then sure get the gas muncher...but I would personally would get the Z because it's much more efficient and provides all the power and performance you need for a day to day car. Speaking of performance, I believe the Z can totally out handle the Camero on a track. Then again, this all depends if you even track your car or do you just drag racing or love taking everyone down on the freeway.

By the way, Nissan 350Z's interior was cheap as hell....as much as i hate to admit it, Nissan isn't much better than most American made cars when it comes to their interior designs - they all suck and look bulky! I would have to agree that not all Japanese cars are great. I currently own a Lexus and I seriously think Nissan's got ways to catch up even when compared to my other car which is an old Honda Accord. But I am glad that they did improve the new 370Z's interior.
Well I wouldnt quite call 0-60 in the mid-4's as "hella quick" - but it'll boogie, thats for sure. Its the fastest muscle car throw-back right now, and it'll be very easy to mod to be made ridiculously fast. Chevy wont stop its release - they're already made, and with how many pre-orders they have on it, it'd be foolish NOT to sell it. Honestly I hope they sell like hot cakes, Chevy needs a "success".

If I didnt want a car that I was going to road course the **** out of, right now I'd have a new Camaro on order. No doubt about it. I like the looks, and I like its performance. The only downside is the fact that its too bulky to track. Sad really, but on the other hand, how many muscle cars are made for the road course?

Ironically, you make a very valid point about out handling the Camaro on the track, scruffy. The Camaro will, more than likely, handle just as well as the 370 on the road considering how LITTLE people push their cars to the limit lol. The Camaro will be more than enough car for MANY people.

OK, time to play devil's advocate on gas mileage though - I know Im a bit of a spirited driver, but even then Im still only getting 20-21 MPG around town (in Sport mode, admittedly). Thats not THAT amazing . Most people would be shocked how efficient GM's SBC really can be...

And on a lighter note, I think my signature is seriously making people forget...its spelled CamAro!