Thread: spacers
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zee View Post
Guys, i've just got my new set of wheels and the rears are not clearing the breaks, so i'm going to need a set of spacers for the rear (10mm).

I have been trying to research and understand how it all works, from my understanding the H&R spacers are the ones to go for.

My question is the DRS model - where you need to replace your existing studs with the longer ones.. that sounds a bit tricky? Is it hard to remove the original studs? I was told it would require special equipment etc? is this true?

If not can't I just go the DRM model? The only problem is that the DRM minimum looks like 15mm.

Only other thing i could find was the KICS spacers 10mm which seem to be bolt on as well. I am a bit cautious as they are 2 pieces (the hubcentric part is seperate). Has anyone got any feedback for these ones, or can anyone tell me whether it is a difficult task to replace the original studs with the DRS model?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers
Stud replacement is really easy. The only "tricky" bit to the rears is that you have to temporarily separate the parking brake assembly (very simple... there's a DIY on it here too). Other than that it's simply a matter of pounding out the old studs and pulling in the new (impact gun recommended!).

I am not a big fan of bolt-on spacers anyways... I don't really trust them.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote