View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Niche79
Track Member

Drives: '09 SR Tour/Sprt/Nav
Niche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond reputeNiche79 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Niche79 Send a message via AIM to Niche79 Send a message via Yahoo to Niche79

I am truly happy to see that someone posted this up. I have been feeling this way about Hondas the last 4 or 5 years. If you look in my sig at the current cars I have piled up, both were some of Honda's Fun cars back in the day. The reason Im even on this Z forum now IS because Honda said screw its loyal fanbase! I know the economy is tough but hey, if Hyundai can bring out a cool looking sports car than Honda, you just suck. Ive owned 4 hondas in the last 10 years and loved them all but I have seen from going to the dealership that the quality is also starting to slip. People are right in saying Honda just doesnt care about sports cars anymore, if I needed a family car yah I would go look at Honda but im not married and have no kids so they have nothing for me anymore. On that topic, we dont even wana mention the huge nose dive that Acura has taken over the last 3 years, wow.....They are some of the ugliest cars on the road. They killed one of the coolest looking sedans ever made the TL and replaced it with some huge box on wheels I could easily continue my rant and ravings forever on but this isnt the Honda forums so I wont. But I am so glad that other people that were true Honda fans are seeing the same things I see when you go by a Honda dealer, uggh yuck! When I first got into the Market recently to buy a new sports car I went back to Honda but within 5 mins I walked back out and say sorry guys you just dont have anything for a younger single guy anymore. I did the whole Camaro SS test drive and really like the style but the cheap interior is just awful, American cars never worry about taking pride in their workmanship. I then said heck with it, I think the new Z looks good lets go see, 30 min drive later and I was hooked! Little things from the curvy lines to the huge 19" wheels just caught my eye. I love how well Nissan worked on the interior since thats what im looking at the whole time I am driving, just perfect! The dealer didnt have my color in stock but said that when I was ready to call him and he could get it to me within a day or two. I woulda bought the car right then and there but the GF is hastling me for a ring and Id rather not put that on a credit card with them, instead Im just saving a few more months and paying cash and THEN I am allowed to buy the Z!!! haha

Great post, 110% agree on it! Honda is dying on its feet and Hyundai will be the New Honda in 10 years with their stylish lineup!
Niche79 is offline   Reply With Quote