View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 PM   #1384 (permalink)
cotizi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 VW GTI 6MT
cotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaica951 View Post
is the hiss getting annoying? does it sound bad? hopefully you feel the power
Power yes, I uninstalled my intakes awhile back, and this weekend I went from just Catback to Catback + Intakes + LTH and their is absolutely a big difference. I'm taking the car in to get tuned by Uprev HQ soon and will post final dyno numbers after tune is complete.

I honestly didn't know the sound would change so much and the hissing noise would overpower the exhaust note so much. I don't like it. The physics behind it make sense, as now that there is more flow through the exhaust, the hissy-ness of the x-pipe would only get worse. I'll try and take a video of what I'm talking about tomorrow. Hopefully the audio equipment can do it justice.

I'm glad the Z isn't my daily driver, because it would get old fast. From some of the other stuff I've read on here, its a factor of the car itself, and is prevalent with other exhaust as well, not just FI's. I think the long tube headers just bring attention to something that I didn't notice nearly as bad when I just had the cat-back.