View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #71 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom370Z View Post
Just want to verify so I can try and replicate... high speed freeway exit (roundabout or what?) and downshift to a gear that will give me 4-5k of RPM, and let off the gas? This should cause me to keep accelerating or just get no engine braking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
Honestly, when it first happens, it will scare the crap out of you, if you are entering the turn at high speeds (which is the requirement). I usually enter the turns at high speed, lift to scrub some speed off, and hope to accelerate out, but with the stability control on and when I take my foot off the pedal, it continues to drive - real freaky and uncomfortable. But, now I just turn off the stab. control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Yes those are the exact symptoms I have experienced. I was carrying partial throttle in the turn but with slight deceleration to increase turn in. The car decided that the throttle should be enough to maintain constant speed which is not what I wanted because the corner tightens slightly. I ended up having way more speed at the end of the corner than I wanted which was a little dangerous, fortunately I left a little on the table and was able to safely negotiate the corner, but this safety feature can be dangerous. I would like to know which elements trigger the stability program to intervene like that.
Well, after reading this thread on Sunday morning, I experienced the exact thing you are describing in a fast, constant radius ramp where I downshifted from 6th to 5th and then 4th.
If it wasn't for this thread, would have been a bit unnerved seeing as I wasn't trying to recreate the scenario you've been describing and my car was hurtling towards slower moving traffic on the ramp. Instead I kind of chuckled and said to myself "how 'bout that?"
Another reason to turn the VDC off, I guess.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote