View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
You know what would be interesting, since the throttle is controlled by the intake valves and not the TB's.... could you just remove them? besides having a cel which we could eventually tune to ignore....could we have a hybrid individual TB system? maybe create an intake to exploit the trait??
I think UpRev and other ECU tuners will likely alter the TB open/close if that makes sense, but I wouldn't remove them if I were you. The ECU probably closes them for good reason for various reasons at various times (like at engine startup, and maintaining manifold vacuum for the brakes, etc) even if VVEL is doing most of the real throttling work.