View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackley View Post
Yeah, that's the thing. I know it has two sensors and it's supposed to be intelligent, but it seems to have received a lobotomy at some point in time. For example, the other day I was driving around with the windows down and it was about 60 out (cold down here in the south) with lots of air circulation/turbulence. I set the temp dial to about 80-85*f and it was NOT blowing warm air...it was probably blowing around 70ish. But crank it the extra 5 degrees to 90 and it blows super hot.

Just have to learn the quirks it seems. It's like getting a new girlfriend...
You have to remember that with A/C, the air coming through the coils doesn't get set to your preset temperature. The A/C's goal is to bring your cabin temperature to the setting you desire, not to blow air out the vents at the setting you desire. These are very different things. If you just set the temperature you actually want the cabin to feel like (without relying on the actual direct airflow being pointed at your face/arms), and roll the windows up, it will get the cabin to that temperature pretty efficiently.