View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist View Post
1) The mufflers are full CF
Full CF? OK, how are they held together? IE, how is the CF bonded to the metal?

Quote:
2) The resonators don't stand out that much in person. It's just the angle along with the camera flash that makes them so obvious.
So what are the weight savings?

Quote:
3) Why would anyone do 3" exhaust piping on a naturally aspirated car? And 4" piping? ...not even high powered turbo cars have the need for that.
Actually, 3" is quite common in the FI world and so is 3.5". Usually you dont want to go too big on FI cars or you will suffer from lack of backpressure. The point is that I don't like the stop-go airflow walls that there seem to be.

Notice here the tapered ends of the mufflers vs. the flat ends of the one from fast intentions.

Quote:
4) The exhaust looks anything but cheap. The whole design just looks very classy, which was one of the reasons why it was such a big hit on the G35 community.
Do you have one? Sounds like it hehe. Classy is subjective in the G35 World, no offense meant, I wasn't implying anything. How much is this exhaust anyway?

Quote:
You really need to see/hear the exhaust in person. That doesn't mean everyone will like the design, but its just a quality exhaust. (The welds are also superb).

-Henry
I will see the exhaust in person I'm sure. When that happens I'll be able to really tell you my final verdict.

Also, hopefully I can get a hold of one for testing purposes.

Welds do look good.

Also, where are you getting your information?

Last edited by RCZ; 12-08-2008 at 05:53 PM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote