View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrabyss View Post
Anyone have an issue with the feature that opens your window when you open the door and then closes it when you close the door? I had the AVIC-F90BT installed yesterday and before I could play with everything the shop closed. Well now my Service Engine Soon light came on but the tech insists he didn't disconnect anything, Dealership is looking at that in the morning. Onto the interesting thing. The window opens that 1/2" or whatever when you open the door. It however does not go back up when you shut the door. If you open and close the door a few times it opens the window that 1/2" or so each time so after a few cycles the window is open like halfway. Anyone know of anything that might cause this issue in specific. I mean more in depth of an answer then "the tech did something wrong" would be nice.
The window behavior you describe is exactly what happens when you disconnect the battery cable and they lose memory. Your owner's manual has the procedure to reset the travel. Basically, get in the car, close the doors, turn the car on (don't have to start engine), push the window all the way down with the window button, then run it all the way to the top holding the button up, and keep holding it up for several seconds after it reaches the top. It should now go auto-down and auto-up correctly, and do the open/close door adjustments. Repeat for other side.

You can confirm battery cable was disconnected to cause this by also checking the service mileages in the little display on the right. It tracks mileage for changing your oil, air filter, etc, etc. They all get reset to zero when the battery is disconnected as well.

As for your SES light: I don't know. Disconnecting the battery shouldn't cause a SES light. It would be a good idea to hook up an OBD-II scanner and read what code corresponds with the light first.

If the install guys claim they never pulled the battery cable, and we're seeing both a SES light and indications of memory loss, it could be that they did something wrong with the wiring to short out or otherwise drain your battery, and this is all from low voltage.