View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I hear ya

The G37 thread says this is a group V synthetic. Does anyone know if our cars come from the factory with esther oil in them? Do normal synthetic opinions apply, such as allowing seating to occur before switching from dino oil to synthetic?

John
AFAIK the Nissan Ester Oil pictured above is dino with synthetic ester-based additives to help out with keeping a good lube film on the VVEL stuff. Motul 300V is a Group V full-synthetic which is ester based, and is what I'm going to be switching to on my next change (I did my first change at about 1850 with the Nissan Ester stuff). Unfortunately, the Motul costs even a bit more than the Nissan stuff. Better value for the money though.