Thread: Blow-off valve
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #42 (permalink)
vipor
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgotten View Post
Sorry if I'm so embarrassing, but I know that you need a turbo for a BoV. The STi family usually uses BoV, so I'm curious if it is common for 370 owners to have turbos and if so, is it common for the people to install BoV. When they do, what gains do we get? I admit I'm not smart in engines and I was misleading now that I read over my posts. I appreciate the help from people who did try to help and for the others sorry if I seem retarded
Turbo = BOV

if you put a turbo on a car, put on a BOV, thems the rules

you don't get gains from a BOV, you get to keep your motor longer

A blowoff valve is a pressure release system present in turbocharged engines. Its purpose is to prevent compressor surge, and reduce wear on the turbocharger and engine. Blow off valves (BOV) relieve the damaging effects of compressor "surge loading" by allowing the compressed air to vent to atmosphere.

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote