View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #155 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
...I lucked out this time...it was labor day and he let me go with a warning. I was really hoping to do my Z in 5% but now i'm worried
There's nothing to worry about.
Just know that you WILL get pulled over with 5% and be prepared for the hassle and paying the "looking cool tax".
When I bought my Mazdaspeed3, the previous owner had 20% all around and the dealer left it on. I bought the car like that and got pulled over less than a week later. In fact, I got pulled over five times in three months before deciding that looking cool wasn't going to be worth $2080 a year in fines and I reduced the front windows to 70%.

For the record, I haven't even had a second glance from the po-po with the tint I have on the Z.
It's dark enough to provide some relief from the sun and give the car some flavour, but not so dark that I look like I need to get pulled over.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote