View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom370Z View Post
I parked at work yesterday (which is on a slight incline) and as I'm sitting there about to turn off the car, I noticed I was slowly rolling backwards, so as a reaction I just kind of kicked the brake pedal to stop. Of course the weight transferred to the rear and I noticed a clunking noise from the rear. I can't quite tell exactly where, but it's behind me. Is this the same clunking I've been reading about? I've read about the diff making noise and stuff but is that what I'm hearing? I don't seem to get the noise any other time

Bob
OP, are you driving a 7AT or 6MT?

With the 7AT in park there's some slack that will let out once you release the foot brake and the Park gear lock takes over.

In the 6MT, chances are the little bit of movement is the parking brake taking a "set" when you let off the brake. A little bit of movement is normal but make sure you pull the brake lever up fully and leave the car in gear while parked (first gear if car is pointing up hill and reverse if pointing downhill).
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote