View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #51 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN View Post
I'm glad you guys are seeing successes, and apologize it's taken a return trip to a shop to get the crossmember sorted out.

As the instructions state, jacking at the y-pipe while everything is loose, and tightening everything down should be the trick, but what it's not saying is that you should jack it hard. I'm working on some more detailed info, and will continue to discuss things with our R&D dept. We had one in today with no issues on the crossmember, done by jacking up the y-pipe hard and securing all of the exhaust bolts down.
When I jacked mine up, I did it in two places (the front and rear cross-braces on your exhaust peices). I probably could've jacked the front section a little more than I did and maybe that would've made the difference, but as for the rear section, jack travel kinda stops when the exhaust hits the suspension bits (the V-shaped braces and/or the rear sway bar). If your shop guys are taking the rear section with a jack as far as it goes (to the V-shaped braces), and then also jacking the front up really hard beyond that, you might want to add that to the install instructions. Going by the instructions/photos, you'd think it just needs to be jacked in the rear.