View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #700 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Storm, they kinda did address your comment by commenting on the temperatures required to cure the molds. Melting temps are pretty high and would not be reached by normal sun exposure. What it could well be is a combination of everything you and they have said. There is a chance that, as they explained, the urethane they are using is a little bit too soft and with the heat of the sun the material became even softer and more malleable. That, in combination with the fact that one of the brackets wasn't giving the necessary support caused the bumper to warp a little and deform into what you are seeing. They already said they are checking the urethane for strength and they are redesigning the bracket to provide needed support. They have halted production until that's done. Sounds like you are looking for them to admit something based on some cases where it happened. I would think those cases are only a fraction of pieces sold and that many more people have had no problems, you just don't hear people come on the boards and talk about stuff when it does what its supposed to. They are trying to do right by this now and fix the issue before they ship anything else... I've been hanging back on this one and watching; it seems like they are making a reasonable attempt to address the issue like any business would. Not all companies like to discuss everything about their products on a public forum and I'm not surprised they don't considering how easy it is to draw inaccurate conclusions from just about any comment they make.

Just my two cents and happy to hear your opinion too. Nothing wrong with keeping them honest.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote