View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-ed Out View Post
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum and looking to buy a new Z. Test drove the Touring package this afternoon and immediately fell in love.

Based on your guy's knowledge and experience is it worth to pay for the Sport package on top of the touring? Or is there more value if I was to buy my own rims and mods??

Thanks!
Well the Sport package is basically: Better brakes (upgraded calipers and rotors), the bigger tires and wheels (19x9 front, 19x10 rear), some decent summer tires (Potenzas), front/rear spoilers, a viscous limited slip differential, and on the 6MT, the SynchroRevMatch feature.

Everyone seems to love the SRM, so if you're buying a 6MT, I'd say you pretty much need to get the Sport package for that alone.

The spoilers are available separately (Aero package, can even be ordered/installed after the fact later).

So... if you're going to put in your own better-than-stock differential, brakes, wheels, and tires, and you're buying a 7AT (auto) transmission, the sport package doesn't make sense, just get the Aero package. But in any other situation, you should probably get the Sport Package.