View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #38 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj45 View Post
I use this from time to time for long freeway trips... Protective Film : New Car Paint Protection : Paint Protector : Automobile Paint Protection : BuyRoadWrap.com

It's a temporary wrap that works pretty well. I'm not saying it looks good, but it does what it's supposed to. Much quicker to apply than painter's tape.

Regarding auto paint, in general...the industry has got to come up with a better clear. I realize there are EPA restrictions they must contend with, but the paints today are just too fragile. I remember my father telling me that back in the good old days, you rarely got a paint chip (of course, those paints were lead based). But, with all the advanced chemistry today, they must be able to come up with a tougher paint. Paint chips suck.
It can't be the industry as a whole, though, because almost every other manufacturer out there has paint and clear at least 10 times superior to Nissan's. The paint on my dad's 2005 Chrysler, my sister's 2002 Mustang, and our beater 1997 Buick is BETTER than the 2009 370Z! It's pretty wild.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote