View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
I respectfully disagree with Crash on the gearing not making much of a difference, at least for the 370Z. I say this because when I took mine to a DynoJet, the guy did pulls in both 4th and 5th.
Hmm, maybe I'll go back and get a 5th gear run on the DynoJet too then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
How's your AFR? Also, did you gain or lose response. I'm wondering if headers + HFC + exhaust would have any adverse effects with torque and throttle response.

I may do the same setup, but leave the intakes stock.
The AFR on the graph he gave me was right on 14.0 at 4k RPM (first time it's stable, I think that's where he punched the throttle at honestly), and gently glides down to what looks like about 12.5 at 7.5k RPM.

By response did you mean throttle response? It revs unloaded a lot quicker than it did before, but I think that's pretty much a given. I don't think I've lost any torque at useful RPMs, although I think I've dropped some torque in the very low RPMs (3k and under -ish), just based on feel when driving.