View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
rockhounds
Base Member

Drives: 2009 GT-R
rockhounds is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4thelaw View Post
Dont worry about blowing them. Just use the 24/db octive slope and set them around 70Hz and you will be fine. Focals are extreamly consertatively rated. Thier max rms rating is what I would consider a starting point.

Just wire the mid woofers and tweeters as normal and bridge the main 4 channels of the amp to the passive crossovers and set your crossover as stated above.

The dash is easiest place to mount the tweeters and they work very well there. I like what Big-A did with gutting the stock tweets and mounting the new tweeters inside the frame. No need to have them baffled since they are self contained. Set all gains at about 10:00 o-clock on the 900/5 to start with.
Thanks 2fast.

I just received everything including the enclosure from ZEnclosures which is nice as you said previously.
My other question for you is: should I have to use the rear left and right channels to hook up to the passive crossover?

Thanks!

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” - Einstein
rockhounds is offline   Reply With Quote